Wednesday 19 December 2007

Day out in Glasgow

Parked at back of Botanic Gardens and walked along the River Kelvin (goosanders) to the aqueduct, turned left and walked along the canal as far as Lock 27 pub. Retraced our steps to Maryhill Docks and saw the lock system walked as far east beyond Stockingfield Junction to Murano Street, down to Maryhill Road to the Botanic Gardens.
Had curry in the Ashoka in Ashton Lane off Byres Road washed down by Indian beer.
Back through the Botanic Gardens. Toured the Kibble Palace and admired the impressive orchid collection.
Weather was cold and frosty.
Participants David, Jimmy, Paul, Bob, Peter and Johnnie.

2 comments:

Kay McMeekin said...

Johnnie we need your photos to liven this up. You need to accept the invitation to be an author and create a blogger account. Or email me the photos!

Jimmy said...

A good commentary Davie. This is what I am trying to do with all the other walks. I can't say that I will get the facts right for memory is a fickle thing (and getting fickler by the day) but no doubt somebody will put me right when I publish and errors will be corrected then.
Jimmy