Wednesday 23 December 2009

Solitary walk in the snow

The weather may cause havoc on the roads, but the snow transformed the valley into a veritable winter wonderland today.
After I had retrieved my car which I had abandonned in Newmilns yesterday on my way home from my swim in Troon, I decided not to miss my Wednesday walk and headed off up the cottage road walk in Darvel. I was on my own as Holly is still hors de combat because of her injured paw. Here are some of the photos that I took.


near Lanfine House
Looking down on Darvel
Looking up to Greenbank
Darvel park
Looking across Darvel park (Why so empty? Where are the snowman-building weans?)
deux sangliers

papa sanglier

For Jimmy: hunners of wee burds - bullfinches, robins, blue tits, great tits, 1 coal tit, grey wagtails, goldfinches, blue dykies, shelfies, blackies.

All in all a first class wee walk. Davie

No comments: