Thursday 29 January 2015

Burns Supper 2015

We did it again!  I'm certain Burns would have enjoyed the night. It is a night that succeeds because, down to the last man, everyone contributes. If we are spared, Gus has taken on the mantle to lead us in 2016.  Good man!

Bus pass FOUND.  I had dropped my wallet off my bedside cabinet and had not noticed that 3 cards had escaped.   It took 18 hours of mind searching to remember that I had dropped my wallet there.  This thought dawned as I was wakening 0730 this morning.  Thought then to stretch round to look under the bed.  I was so pleased. There it was.  Faith restored.  Not so much the old duffer .... yet!

As well as a healthy kitty the Ooters are acquiring a whisky collection.


2 comments:

Ronnie Thompson said...

Another great Burns Supper Johnny. Some classic recitation, some flying haggis, some flying song sheets. One day we will master The Dog's Party and ye'll no greet at a Man's a Man but that's what makes great Burns Suppers.

Jimmy said...

Hi Johnny,
Noo that ye've fun' yer bus pass ......... have ye seen my specs onywhere?